About Me

My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
This blog is about who am I am. I have begun writing here as a way to share my feelings, thoughts, emotions and my perspective on life.....

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Lisa Smile


Lisa Iyer: August 08, 1996 - May 15, 2011

A four legged treat of mischief untold 

A four legged girl she was so bold 

She could rival our appetites for fun and play 

Oh! She had the powers to hold cranky Grandma at bay! 

She could take a on any challenge big or small 

And still would be there to answer to all our calls 

She came into our lives fifteen years ago 

And then today fate struck her with a severe blow 

God won’t know why it was to be her, 

God still doesn't know the cure to cancer. 

Now you’re gone, at peace, happy and free, 

Leaving behind fond memories for us thee. 

You wanted to go for a drive in my car, 

And for a change not chase it; like other dog’s at par 

And then you did take that last ride, 

Fast asleep, in eternal peace with your loved ones beside 

We took a decision to put an end to her suffering 

But, now she’s gone and we're back to the beginning

It's just a huge feeling that no one knows yet

But Lisa, I cry when I think of you and it’s difficult to forget

I would like to let my memories grow stronger and stronger

And when you’re there before my eyes, I wish you’d smile a little longer

You'll come back, I hope, when I call you

I didn't want to say good bye

You'll come back from across those distant miles 

So that I could see you, my Lisa smile.

2 comments:

  1. god! you always said that i made you cry with my poems.

    you are oblivious to the fact that you are capable of evoking such strong emotions, with your words.

    no wonder she left us with an eye -full of you...

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa with wings would be playing around us..jus like an invisible blessing...she came into our lives to fill the void of a best friend....god, needed a best friend too....who better could be than our Lisa with dark soulful eyes...

    ReplyDelete