About Me

My photo
Wellington, New Zealand
This blog is about who am I am. I have begun writing here as a way to share my feelings, thoughts, emotions and my perspective on life.....

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Empty Frame




Oh when the cold wind blows, I feel it to the bone,
Oh when you say you know, all I feel is that I am alone.
And even though I may never return those empty places are my own,
And I would remember everything in grief and lament and moan. 

You and I remember there's a life that I have not lived yet,
Are we just simple truths or are we bold lies?
We have been fooling ourselves too long
You and I should be breaking ties, because we can’t be so right and so wrong!

You said you're sorry, you won’t do it again,
I gave you chances but you betrayed me in the bargain.
I tried holding on, the days, I let them drag on in hope so profound,
Stupid I was, I should have known, that it's too late for you, to come around.

Baby I was naive, I got lost in your eyes, but I never really had a chance,
I had many dreams about you and me, happy endings, love and dance.
And then there you were on your knees, begging for forgiveness, begging for me,
As though it was just what I always wanted you to do, but I'm so sorry it just can’t be.

I can feel the tear drops slowly falling, and they're falling from my heart as I weep,
I wish someone could save me, cause I'm drowning in pain and sinking deep.
I've been hurt by your mistakes, even though I put you first, 
And in the process if I have erred, I tell you now my heart is about to burst.

Over time, love tends to fade and all that's left are these arguments like a gale, 
Sleepless nights, and stormy days, have helped me to gather proof that love does change.
And now I'm bleeding, I'm lonely again, clinging onto hope in the anger and hate’s sway,
And now I'm hurt cause it's my mistake, I should have known this was not the right way.

And now the smiles all fade away leaving only but all this endless pain,
Cause over time when love fades there is nothing left for anyone to gain.
And in the end all that remains is this empty space,
And in the end all that remains is an empty frame.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot possibly fathom the emotions behind this poem.

    written in pain, but versed so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete